'Mumbo jumbo gunk': Donald Trump's former acting attorney general trashes election conspiracy



Ex-Acting United States Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said over the weekend that former President Donald Trump’s claims that the 2020 election was stolen and rife with voter fraud are “mumbo jumbo gunk.”

Whitaker was approached by Under Current reporter Laurent Windsor while attending the annual Conservative Action Political Conference in Orlando, Florida. After telling Whitaker that she was a “big fan” of his tenure at the Department of Justice, Windsor prodded him on if former Attorney General William Barr should be charged with treason for breaking with Trump.

Whitaker disagreed.

“I think that’s a big word to throw around. I just, I think calling an American, that’s you know, got a lot of considerations. I would. I would worry about throwing around the weight of the word,” he replied, referring to the use of the term treason.

Windsor – who was posing as a Trump supporter – then asked Whitaker what he thinks can still be “done” about the non-existent theft of the election.

“You cannot have a country where half the people or almost half the people do not believe in the legitimate outcome of the election,” Whitaker said before throwing cold water on Trump’s thoroughly debunked conspiracy theory.

“The evidence that everybody keeps saying exists, nobody has shown me, and I’m not, as a lawyer, I need facts and I need evidence and I need law,” Whitaker said, suggesting that he will remain unconvinced “until somebody gives me the evidence and not a thumb drive with a bunch of mumbo jumbo gunk on it, but real evidence that can be used to prosecute."

He added that “you have to be disciplined by the rule of law.”

Watch the encounter below:



from Alternet.org https://ift.tt/1BUu9Lr
via sinceretalk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How misinformation could shape the Israel-Hamas war

PA GOP Senate candidate who says he 'started with nothing' actually grew up in a mansion

'It is his aphrodisiac': Ex-RNC chair explains how gag order 'stimulates' Trump and his base